Situated only 180km from Cape Town in the Overberg Region one can enjoy a breach ride in one of the hotspots of South Africa’s Cape Floral Kingdom. This part of the Overberg region is also the breeding grounds of the Southern Right Whale. One of the most wonderful ways to explore the areas in and around Gansbaai and De Kelders is on horseback.
Gallop, enjoy the sun on your skin, feel the breeze of the ocean along the shores of the pristine and unspoiled Walker Bay. Between July and December and you might be lucky to witness whales breaching less than 100 meters away. On offer are 3 hour to full day beach outrides and whether you are an experienced horse person or a first timer, you will absolutely love exploring the beauty of Gansbaai from the back of a well-trained horse.
Note that the Overberg Beach Rides are not available during the month of July
Overberg Beach Ride
• 3 Hour Beach Ride 10h30 and 15h00 daily at R750 per person
• Full Day Beach Ride including lunch at R1600 per person
• Horse rides, riding gears, hard hats and guide
• Transport to and from stables
• Additional snacks and refreshments
• Lunch and beverages unless otherwise specified
• Personal, medical and rescue insurance
• Minimum age – none, as long as the child can ride a horse
• Maximum weight 100kg’s